Honey and Soy Glazed Roasted Broccoli and Baby Vidalia Onions
1 head of broccoli
4 baby Vidalia Onions
2 tablespoons of good honey, local if possible
1 tablespoon of rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons of lite soy sauce
1/4 lemon, juiced
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Trim the stalks (the green parts) off the onions leaving about 4 inches. Cut the onions in half lengthwise.
- Chop the broccoli however you like.
- Put the broccoli and onions on a baking sheet. Drizzle the broccoli and onions with olive oil. Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.
- Combine the honey, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and lemon juice and mix well. This would also be a good time to add any spices like garlic, ginger, crushed red pepper flakes, a hit of hot sauce, lemon peel, etc. You get the idea.
- Pour this over the broccoli and onions and shake them in the pan to get decent coverage on the vegetables.
- Roast in the oven for 15 minutes, tossing them around about half way through.
|A tiny jar of honey I received as a gift for participating in the Metro Atlanta Beekeeper's Short Course in January. It has been waiting for a special occasion. I think this qualifies!|
|The broccoli and the onions, prepped.|
|On the pan, dressed and headed into the oven.|
|Dinner is served!|