Sunday, May 29, 2011

It Takes a Community to Grow a Garden

Things have been crazy for me the last two weeks.  There have been visitors, illnesses, recitals, workshops and even a surgery thrown in to keep things exciting.  During this time, it has been hard for me to get to the garden to get things done.  I made my way to the garden this morning to do some weeding, fertilizing and watering.  I wasn't sure what I would find.  What I found was amazing.  All of a sudden, there are cages where there weren't cages (thanks, Farmer Bob!).  Weeding had been done.  Watering had occurred (Thanks, Regan!).  And, I think soon, we might be ready for our first harvest day.  We need to come up with a harvest team and schedule.  If you are interested, please email me and I will add your name to the distribution list -->  shawnbard@gmail.com

What was once this, a mere two weeks ago: 


Is now:
Tomato bed blooming like crazy and even one Abe Lincoln tomato growing.

Pepper seedlings growing and squash plants blooming.

Cucumbers trailing and dill and radishes flourishing.

Another view of the tomato bed.  Gorgeous!

Sweet potatoes doing their thing, getting bigger and bigger and aiding the soil.

Hard to believe this was a seedling two weeks ago.

This, too, was a tiny seedling.

The first jalapeno of the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment